Circaea Lutetiana

Circaea Lutetiana, Enchanter's Nightshade, Hierba de la Bruja
- CIRCAEA LUTETIANA -


During these warm summer months, I'm completely focused on finalizing the texts of my next book. So right now I spend most of my time constantly writing and, once in a while, I take long walks through the forest to clear my mind and, of course, to harvest some interesting wild plants 🌿
Furthermore, for now I can't post many new drawings here... and even less show the whole set of my new illustrations for the book before publishing it! I'm afraid you guys will have to wait till the end of the summer.

But for those who appreciate the magical beauty of nature and share this hobby with me, today I bring you this beautiful Circaea Lutetiana that I hung on the knocker to protect my home. As its scientific name indicates, this Saturn plant is associated with the Goddess Circe, the powerful sorceress in Greek mythology, and is also known as "Enchanter's Nightshade" (although it doesn't belong to the solanaceae family!)

In magical practices is mostly used for enchantments, transformation or to balance energies 🌗



Circaea Lutetiana, Enchanter's Nightshade, Hierba de la Bruja
*Circaea Lutetiana hanging on the knocker.


...


Durante estos calurosos meses de verano, estoy focalizando toda mi atención en finalizar los textos de mi próximo libro. Así que, ahora mismo me limito solamente a escribir constantemente y, de vez en cuando, doy largos paseos por el bosque para intentar despejar la mente y, por supuesto, para recoger algunas plantas silvestres de mi interés 🌿
Además, por ahora no puedo publicar muchos dibujos nuevos por aquí... y mucho menos mostrar todo el conjunto de ilustraciones nuevas para mi próxima obra antes de ser publicada! Así que me temo que tendréis que esperar a que termine el verano.

Pero para aquellos que sepáis apreciar la mágica belleza de la naturaleza y que compartáis esta afición conmigo, hoy os traigo esta preciosa Circaea Lutetiana que he colgado de la aldaba para que proteja mi hogar. Como su nombre científico indica, esta planta está asociada a la Diosa Circe, la poderosa hechicera de la mitología griega, y también se la conoce como "Hierba de la Bruja".

En prácticas mágicas, se utiliza principalmente para encantamientos, transformaciones o para equilibrar energías 🌗