The Elemental Spirit of the Mistletoe

The Elemental Spirit of the Mistletoe by Victoria Francés
- THE ELEMENTAL SPIRIT OF THE MISTLETOE -


Last night I found this little man sitting on the branch of a tree which was full of mistletoe... He stared at me with those sad eyes, like he knew just what I was thinking. And I was right; he was the protector spirit of that plant and he knew perfectly that I was looking for some mistletoe sprigs to decorate my house. So I showed him a golden jingle bell as an offering in exchange for some of his mistletoe... and when he looked at it, a funny smile lit up his little face!

Then, I told him that he also could come to my home for some milk and chocolate, if he agreed to being immortalized in one of my drawings with that beautiful smile. He graciously accepted my proposal... but it was terribly hard! That mischievous creature was constantly moving during the process!

Finally I woke up from the dream... and the mysterious creature was no longer with me. But, to my surprise, I found on my desk the drawing I did during that dream, along with some mistletoe sprigs 💚

Do you think that it's just my imagination?
Never forget the child we all carry within... Fairies are there just for them✨

Merry Christmas to everyone!



The Elemental Spirit of the Mistletoe, Pencil Drawing by Victoria Francés


...

Anoche encontré a este hombrecillo sentado en la rama de un árbol repleto de muérdago... Me miró con esos ojos tristes, como si supiera exactamente lo que estaba pensando. Y estaba en lo cierto; él era el espíritu protector de aquella planta y sabía perfectamente que yo estaba buscando unas ramitas de muérdago para decorar mi casa. Así que le mostré un cascabel dorado como ofrenda a cambio de un poco de su muérdago... Y cuando lo miró, una graciosa sonrisa iluminó su carita!

Entonces, también le dije que podría venir a mi casa a tomar un poco de leche y chocolate, si accedía a ser inmortalizado en uno de mis dibujos con esa preciosa sonrisa. Él aceptó amablemente mi propuesta... ¡pero fue terriblemente difícil! ¡Esa traviesa criatura no paraba de moverse constantemente durante el proceso!

Finalmente desperté del sueño... y la misteriosa criatura ya no estaba conmigo. Pero, para mi sorpresa, encontré en mi escritorio el dibujo que hice durante aquel sueño, junto con algunas ramitas de muérdago 💚

¿Crees que solo es producto de mi imaginación?
Nunca olvides al niño que todos llevamos dentro... Las hadas están ahí solo para ellos✨

¡Feliz Navidad a todos!



The Elemental Spirit of the Mistletoe, Pencil Drawing by Victoria Francés